4.19.2013

A Little Hope







This past week has left not only myself but many in America at loss for words. So many innocent lives have been lost, and I'm sitting here wondering why. Part of a small town in Texas has been destroyed, and the city of Boston has been in lockdown. It's hard to not stare at the news, regardless if it gives me knots in my stomach or not. All we can do is pray that the worst is over and that it doesn't get any worse.

I wish I could send a little Hope and Happiness to each and every family who lost a loved one this week. But instead I stitched some colors that mean Hope and Happiness. I along with many others wish I could do more to help these families.

One of the blogs I follow, posted a link in her blog post today about a Boston Love Blanket project she found on Twitter this afternoon. They are collecting 8"x8" squares to make an afghan for a family of one of the Boston bombing victims. I will be making a few squares this weekend to send to them. After all it takes little to no time to make an afghan square.


With that being said, we have to keep these families in our prayers and move on with our daily lives even if we think doing any thing fun is wrong at this particular time.



So, along with the afghan squares for the Boston Love Blanket, here are my weekend plans....





I found some gorgeous new crochet hooks and a new circular needle this afternoon at Hobby Lobby! Aren't they pretty? I love the purple one(purple is my favorite color). The orange one is a mixture of green also, and if you know the Ireland flag, it's Orange, White, and Green. So that one suits me well.

How about those polka dot shoes from Target? Aren't they just adorable! And they are quite comfy and go with my skinny jeans just nicely!

My plan this weekend is to..

- Make a few afghan squares for the Boston Love Blanket
- Cast on to my new circular needle a baby afghan with that pretty pastel colored yarn to either sell or donate to charity.
- And possibly cast on a new pair of socks that will be for myself. I have not yet knitted a pair for myself.


I hope everyone has a great weekend. Hold your loved ones close, and lets hope for a better week next week!

-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment