1.18.2014

Snowy Weekend

It's been a few months since I've blogged! Oh no! But it's a new year, and I promised myself that I would work my tail off to be an awesome knitter/crocheter/blogger this year! So here we are, and here we go!


First and foremost, I hope everyone had a terrific New Year! Can't believe it's 2014 and already half way through January!And winter, well is defiantly in full swing here in the States. Minus zero temps and snow! Lots of snow! I know I'm ready for Spring to hit so I can get back into my photography! However, it is winter so a hike down to my favorite waterfalls is in order soon!



Yep, snowy. But not to overly cold... For now.. After all this is Ohio..
 


Atleast it makes everything look very pretty :) 



Now, nothing like a hot cup of coffee to warm you up on just a cold Winter day. Mmm Vanilla and Hazelnut!

 A few weeks ago I had a nice little chat with myself. A new year means a whole new agenda in life. I decided that I really need to take a different approach to managing myself and my life. I don't have a lot to juggle these days, and in order for my to contine to feel happy and upbeat, it's essential that I keep on top of things. What this basically means is that I need to alter my natural free-floating tendencies and create a little more structure to my days. Yes, a little more organisation and structure would be very good for me, I decided. Just a little, nothing too harsh or stifling. This structure would allow me to carry on doing the things I love (and the things I am committed to) but in a less chaotic, stressful way.

I decided this year that I will go out of my comfort zone with well, just about everything in my life. Knitting and crocheting harder things to better my skills, such as, create my own patterns, continue with harder skills, and try harder more complicated patterns. And with my photography, go WAY out of my comfort zone and try newer things, play around with Photoshop more to create better images. 

So, lets begin this adding more structure and organization with my life. Today, well I organized all of my yarn, and tools (lets hope it stays this way). 



I have come insanely addicted to double-pointed needles in the past few months! Like, really really addicted! So far I've only been making hats with them, but I plan on going out of my comfort zone really soon and trying something a little harder. Can't be that hard riiight?
(Btw, doesn't that hat make you feel really really happy? I think it would make fun socks!)



I'm loving the double ribbed stitch! Makes hats so stretchy to fit over the wee lads head! 


One of my many goals this year, is to knit a bunch of hats to donate to the NICU at one of the hospitals here in town. My niece Twylah was born on Christmas day, 6 weeks early and she has been in the NICU ever since just to get a little help breathing on her own. But luckily, she's doing amazing and should be released this weekend!

But my sister(my best friend) told something very very sad. There are some babies who are there by themselves, their parents don't come to see them until they are ready to go home :( So my goal this year is to knit them up some little hats and some little teddy bears to keep them company! 




And with all of this said, adding some rows on this ripple afghan I've been working on for quite sometime now. It'll be done someday haha! But come Monday, I need to start on a Mickey Mouse graphgan for my nephew who turns 3 in two months! Wow time flies!


 Have a great evening everyone, and happy yarning!

No comments:

Post a Comment