1.01.2013

First ever Ruffle Scarf

After sometime I finally figured out how to make a ruffle scarf! Many of my groups I follow on Facebook, tell me to use the Flower loom, I tried it multiple times but saw knitting the scarf to be much easier.

This yarn is a little tricky to work with since it's "netting" , it does like to turn as you are working with it. However, to get started I spread the yarn for a few inches so it's apart so you can pick up the stitches better.

Here's the pattern I used,

To pick up the first stitch holding the yarn in your left hand, and the knitting needle in your right:

-Insert the needle from back to the front through a hole at the top edge, then do this again 4 more time for a total of 5 cast on stiches
- Turn your work so that the needle with the stitches is now in your left hand.

To begin knitting:
-Insert your right-hand needle into the front of the first st(just as if you were making a knit st) on the left-hand needle, then through the next hole at the top of the working yarn, through the back. 
-Keep doing this for the next 4 stitches, turn, and continue working each row in the same manner.

To cast off:
Knit first 2 stitches of row, use the basic bind of method for casting off. Pick up the first knitted stitch, take it over the 2nd stitch and off the end of the needle. Knit another st, and repeat this process until the last st is left on the right-hand needle. Pull remaining yarn end through this stitch and pull firmly to fasten off.


If it's hard to follow my instructions, here's the video that helped me through this.


Enjoy! I have lots of this yarn to work with!




No comments:

Post a Comment