1.25.2013

Busy, busy, busy and sneak peeks!

Good afternoon my lovely's!

It's a winter wonderland yet again here in Ohio! So while it's doing this outside, I'm nice and cozy in my little apartment working on something new I've taken the time to finally learn!

With that being said, I have two different afghans started and somehow working on both at the same time ;) Who says you can not multitask while knitting and crocheting?

So with that being said here are a couple things I'm working on...

I love my purples..

bobbles..aka puff stitch..


With those 2 little sneak peaks in mind. How about a little photography from me and my mom's little in the middle of winter hiking trip to some haunted and old train tunnels in southern Ohio..


Well ok, first a little winter photography first. The night before we went down, it had ice stormed over night and so all of the trees were covered in ice and it was so beautiful!


This first tunnel we came across was the Haydenville Tunnel in Haydenville, Ohio which was one of the old mining towns of southern Ohio. This side of the tunnel is now caved in and you can not walk into to far unless you wanted to climb over rubble(which I wanted to do). Never go in there without a flash light!


The next stop of the day was Moonville Tunnel, outside of Zalesiki, Ohio. According to myths and the town this one is very haunted. But of course didn't get any ghost action. (Below is the bridge you had to cross to park the car to hike to the tunnel.



 
Oh and of course you have to pass over a creek to even get to this tunnel. And since they ripped out the old train rails that connected all of these tunnels there is no bridge to make it to this one. So you see that little nice green creek. Yes its a creek. But with all of the snow we've had, it was a little to high for us to walk across it. So.. We had to take the long way around and up a big hill to get to it.

But as you can see, we made it. I've been wanting to visit this tunnel ever since I was little, and I finally made it! (See the old rail-road wire pole? Cool!) And the trail was actually the old train tracks! You can see the train track rock still.

And then... You have Kings Tunnel. Which surprisingly you can still drive through. We didn't though, just walked through. Which I'm not gonna lie, I was scared of this one. Its made out of wood, so the sides of it have gaping holes in it. Hey! You never know what kind of animals or even humans who make those huge holes their homes. 



On a good note though, those holes still had a ton of coal still in them, so of course I had to snag some for a keepsake. Oh and the cool thing about this tunnel though, you could still smell the old train fumes from when they went through the tunnels.


And our last stop of the day were the old Berlin Coke Ovens, WAY back in the goonies, literally. This is were they would melt the coal back in the early 1900's. Should see the bridges that we had to cross!

I have much more hiking to do in my home state that's for sure!

Hope I didn't bore you guys to much! I'll much more yarn creations in the days to come :)


-Taylor




No comments:

Post a Comment