1.10.2013

WIP Baby Afghan, and another Ruffle Scarf!

Good evening my awesome followers! How's everyone doing tonight?

I've had a very peaceful and productive day off, spending some quality time with my yarn and oh I suppose my husband as well :)

I'm hoping I can get around to working on my facebook page this week and get photo's and whatnot on it!

I've been working a couple projects these past few days and they have been coming along nicely. One being another Ruffle Scarf. This one is for my lifesaver, my mom! And I have to say, I love it!


Patron's finally has their own brand of "ruffle" yarn and that's exactly what this scarf was made out of! I love the little fleece balls at the one edge of the yarn!

I am absolutely in love with these scarves and to be honest, they are really easy to make! I can have a scarf done in about 2-3 hours depending how long my attention span last ;)

My goal is to work up the other 8 skeins of ruffle yarn into scarves and then put them up for sale on my Etsy account. Why not make a little money out of what you love to do, right?

(Now if only I'd do that to my photography!)

So enough with the scarf! Onto the WIP baby afghan. WIP = works in progress just in case you didn't know.

A good childhood friend of my is having a little girl and she's defiantly all country and wanted a camo blanket. I got to thinking, "wait a second, I had a girly camouflage skein of RedHeart yarn a while back". Sure enough I found skeins of it at JoAnn's the other day.

Now came the designing part. Was it going to be all camo? Or stripes with another color?

And I choose to do...


Girly camouflage and white ripple stripes! And I couldn't be happier with how it is turning out! Its actually just about done! I may run out of white yarn before its done, but that's ok! I need to make a yarn run this weekend anyways :) Ran out of yarn for another baby afghan I've been working on for sometime now for another friend.

This blanket and how the ripples look is defiantly my most favorite thing I think I've made so far! I may have to make a ripple stripped blanket for my sofa. I do have tons of browns in my stash that would look mighty fine laying across my sofa!!!


There are so many new things I would love to attempt to do this year. And I plan to do them at some point. One idea I would like to do is take all of my extra balls of yarn leftover from projects, make granny squares and stitch them all together for a afghan. I think it would like not only ugly, but pretty at the same time.

Oh the possibilities you can do with your yarn and needles and looms!

With that being said, have a pleasant evening everyone. I'll be sure to post the finished baby afghan soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment